OLA in The Globe and Mail today

BigFoot

OLA in The Globe and Mail today

#1 Unread post by BigFoot » October 19th, 2010, 8:50 am

mikeedwards

Re: OLA in The Globe and Mail today

#2 Unread post by mikeedwards » October 19th, 2010, 9:08 am

Now if we can get stories monthly in most of the Ontario media leading up to the next provincial election we can have a big impact.
Learn about the poverty pimps profiting off the the misery of both tenants and small landlords at the Toronto Tenants Association education website.

Eska

#3 Unread post by Eska » October 19th, 2010, 10:10 am

Good article.

Are all 3 of the LL's on this forum? it would be nice to know who the highly recommended property managers in B.C. are, as it seems they are few and far between.

HLL

#4 Unread post by HLL » October 19th, 2010, 10:24 am

Both Jane and I can be credited with the OLA plug. I'm very pleased with how it turned out, although the reporter did overstate the doom and gloom. I'm definitely not despairing, despite the magnitude of the past year's surprises! It sure is a LOT of work. Passive investment= NOT!

I agree: let's get the OLA name out. I have a couple ideas to grow our Ottawa membership: 1) have a LL meeting and invite LLs in the community (i've mentioned this in the past week already) 2) advertise OLA at the upcoming "making your housing smoke-free" events for LLs given by Ottawa public health in November.

If someone has ideas for a leaflet we could distribute (or better yet, if you want to make one!), I'll pay to print them and arrange to have them distributed at the meetings. Also I need speakers for the Ottawa meeting I want to organize.

HLL