Perth ON - multi family, investment, country estate, hobby farm $895,000 FEATURED

Do you have an investment property for sale? Are you looking to buy an investment property in a certain area? This forum is for real estate for sale or wanted. If you have other services you want to advertise contact our admin. team.
InvestOPS

Perth ON - multi family, investment, country estate, hobby farm $895,000 FEATURED

#1 Unread post by InvestOPS » February 1st, 2022, 12:44 pm

Perth ON - multi family, investment, country estate, hobby farm

$895,000

FEATURED

Description
Multi family, investment purposes, entrepreneurs dream, hobby farm or your own personal country estate. Let your imagination soar.

Main house: 5 bedrooms, office/reading nook, kitchen, two baths with plumbing for a third bath, living room, and family room.

Apartment: aprox 900 sq feet. Large living room, with patio door to a beautiful deck facing west. Beautiful sunsets looking out across the fields. Kitchen. Large bedroom and super large 4 pc bathroom. Completely renovated a few years ago, new subfloor, new laminate, new cabinets and counters and drywall and paint, after a disaster of a tenant.

We’ve had wonderful tenants ever since. NEVER an issue renting – always have dozens of good and highly qualified people to choose from. AND – note, this is important – because if the owner is living in the main house, the rules for the Landlord tenant act are very much different. You DO have rights as the homeowner/landlord that other landlords do not have. This is YOUR home first and foremost and the law supports that.

This Beautiful one-bedroom apartment rents for $1,200 per month. - this is equal to about $180,000 in house value.

Barn/Workshop The aprox 5000 sq ft barn/workshop could be divided into thirds, renting out each 1/3 for $700 per month for workshop space.

Currently, my brother has 1/3 of it, which is insulated and heated with a wood burning furnace as his workshop.

Or it could be rented as boat and car storage. Or convert it to 30 storage units. Or, turn it into an antique business, or mechanics, carpentry, auto body or auto detailing, welding business, dream come true.

Even maybe try your hand at hydroponic growing of greens. Also, the huge steel roof faces south – perfect for massive solar.

There is a concrete chicken house (former milk house) and a huge outdoor fenced pen, for free range organic chickens. We raised 75 chickens. Right now, my niece keeps a few geese in there. She has had them since they were hatched – they think she is their mama and they follow her everywhere.

The century old brick home was insulated on the outside and sided by the previous owner. Yes, the brick is there. Yes, the siding is blue. BUT the good news, is, this makes the home quite warm and easy to heat in the winter and cool in the summer.

It has all the character of its time. This home was built by Judge Matheson, a member of the legislative assembly of Ontario in the late 1800's. After building this house, he later inherited Matheson House, which has since been turned into the Perth Museum. We found all kinds of historic postcards, letters and things belonging to the Matheson family in the attic.

Located on a quiet country paved road just 2 km out of Perth ( www.beautifulperth.com ) and 55 km to Kanata and Ottawa. You can walk or bike to town on a nice day. (great for teenagers - you don't have to always be driving them to town)

3.26 acres of beautifully landscaped property.

(there is potential to purchase the adjoining building lot of 1.1 acres from my sister)

The home sits surrounded by 150 year old maples, oak, elm, blue spruce, as well as lilac, apple and pear trees, and perennials. The pears and apples are always a very large harvest in August.

And there are massive areas where you can garden organically – there has not been chemicals used in 35 years.

It is absolutely stunningly beautiful in the summer, with wrap around verandas on all sides and covered front porch. Sitting out front, enjoying your morning coffee – nothing like it. Enjoy the sunrise or the sunset – you have it all.

The previous owners put siding over the top of the red brick. It was always red brick when we were growing up. Steel roof over the main house – the apartment was added later, and thus has shingles.

The family room addition has a brand new roof.

This has been our family home for close to 50 years.

Originally, it was a dairy farm with 60 cows. When dad became sick, they sold everything, and divided the back 90 acres off the 100 acres, and then later divided lots off the 10 acres for their children. Thus, my sister lives next door, and my brother next to her.

After dad passed, my mom had sold it and had always regretted selling it.

7 years ago, my husband and I were able to buy it back for her, for her to spend the rest of her days, where she had raised all six of her children. She was in her glory to be back home.

My mom, who was as close to an angel as you can be, and still be human, is now dancing with the angels and has gone to be with her Jesus. She lived out her days, in the home she raised her children in, surrounded by her children and grandchildren.

This home has been well loved by many, and the center piece of many Christmas and thanksgiving and wedding celebrations.

We are selling the home, in order to move to the east coast, where we have 6 grandchildren waiting for us. While we are not in a hurry to sell, we are flexible on closing dates. As early as possible is available, or waiting till spring is not an issue.

This old-world charm home is approximately 4400 square feet, including the separate apartment over top of the double car garage.

It is dated, and needs cosmetic updating. Flooring especially. While the original hardwood floors can be seen from the basement, they have been covered by subflooring, laminate and carpet.

My dad had taken back the walls to the original brick, removed all the old lath and plaster, updated the wiring and the plumbing, insulated and drywalled.

The previous owners to us, (when we bought it back 7 years ago) had replaced all the windows with vinyl double hung windows and the patio doors were replaced, and he had also put in a new gas furnace.

With 5 entrances in from outside – there is no shortage of doors.

From the front covered veranda, entering the front door, you are greeted by the grand curved solid wood staircase. The details are beautiful.

Going up the stairs, you will come onto a very large open landing, perfect for a home office or reading nook. To the left are two bedrooms and a linen closet. All bedrooms have closets. (most older homes did not) And to the right is another bedroom and the upstairs bathroom, with double vanity, tub and shower and a new toilet.

Go a little further right, into the 15.5 X 22 master bedroom. In here, in a curved alcove, is the plumbing for a third bathroom. My dad ran out of time, and wasn’t able to get it finished. But the plumbing is all there for toilet, bath/shower and vanity. This room has four large windows, and two his and her closets. In the summer the cool evening breeze blows right through, to the sounds of the crickets and frogs singing – it’s so soothing.

Back downstairs again, to the right of the front door, is the 5th 14 X 16 main floor bedroom, office, or kids’ playroom, with entry to the main floor four-piece bath with a whirlpool jetted bath.

To the left of the front door is a 14 X 22, large, light filled living room – three large windows.

Straight ahead is the 15.5 X 22 huge country kitchen, with the original hickory wainscoting and hand crafted beams in the ceiling, with recessed pot lighting – TONS of cupboards and storage. The handcrafted solid pine cupboards, could be lightly buffed with light sandpaper or steel wool, re-stained and brought back to life again. That’s the beauty of real wood.

With the 9 ft ceilings throughout - both upstairs and downstairs – everything feels so open bright and airy.

To the right of the kitchen, is the laundry room with newer high end Maytag commercial grade washer and natural gas dryer, with access into the main floor bathroom, with the jetted whirlpool bath.

To the left of the kitchen, is a 22 X 11.5 family room, which was added on when the pool was installed. It features a gas fireplace/stove and two large patio doors out to the pool area.

My mom liked feeding the birds on the deck around the pool - there are morning doves, gold finches, chick a dees, blue jays, and even a few red cardinals. Humming birds like to feed at the feeder as well. Mom was always trying to chase the blackbirds away - she did not like those.

The pool is poured concrete, and is 8 feet deep on one end and a little over 4 feet deep in the shallow end. The previous owner did not like how big the pool was. It really is huge. So, he put a concrete retaining wall in – making the shallow end about 5 feet shorter. It’s still a large pool. This retaining wall could be removed, or if you wanted to, you could put in a very large party sized hot tub in the space. Right now, that space is covered over by decking. The pool has not been used by us in 7 years. It will need either a vinyl lining, or to be sandblasted and painted. It was used previously every year by the previous owner. The pump and filter system are located to the side of the basement in an addition under the main floor family room.

This pool was the place to be, all summer long. My mom always believed more children were less work, and if all six of hers, had someone to play with – everyone was happy. Our home was a favorite place to be for many many children. To be honest with you, I think my parents believed that if we were all home having fun, they didn’t need to worry about where we were or what we were doing. Many pool parties as teenagers with our church youth group.

Through the kitchen is the back-entrance door, which takes you into a gigantic mudroom/porch/entrance way with 16-foot ceilings. 8 X 22 feet. To your right is a set of stairs up to the apartment. There are three entrances to outside from this mudroom. One door to the side wrap around veranda to the back yard and the pool. One door to the wrap around veranda on the side of the house facing the driveway. Or you go down a set a stairs, to a door into the garage entrance or out the door to the driveway, or to the right is the door taking you into the basement.

The garage is a concrete double car garage, and the new natural gas furnace which services the apartment is there.

The basement is a stone foundation – in great solid shape. The beams in the basement are so massive you can barely put your arms around them. It does have a poured concrete floor, which means the basement is never damp, it doesn’t smell musty and there is no mold. It’s always dry – never had any issue with water and there is no sump pump. It's a great place for storing Christmas decorations, summer time bikes or tools. While I can stand up down there (I’m 5’2) – most men need to hunch over. This is also where the 200 amp panel boxes are – just newly updated and upgraded with ESA certification. Also, the natural gas furnace (aprox 10 – 12 years old) and the rented natural gas water heater, and the pressure system and water pump for the well is also here.

The well is a drilled 150 foot well – with oodles and oodles of water. Great tasting – no need to be buying water in plastic bottles. The well services both the house and the apartment and has never ever come anywhere close to having any issue with water shortage.

There are two septic systems – one for the apartment and one for the house.

The 1-bedroom apartment over the garage rents for $1,200 per month. (this is equal to about $180,000 in house value) Currently rented - awesome tenants who are really hoping to be able to stay. The apartment is very bright and spacious, with patio doors to a lovely deck facing west - beautiful sunsets. Large one-bedroom, large living room, eat in Kitchen and large bathroom.

If you email me, I have great inside pictures of the apartment. I don’t post the pictures on line, to respect their privacy.

The main barn/workshop is concrete, with insulated steel roof, and is likely about 5,000 sq ft and has not been used for 35 years for animals. Growing up, we had 60 dairy cows. Right now, my brother uses it for his workshop, and it is a lot of storage as well.

This property is unique, one of a kind. Unlimited potential and possibilities. Organic gardening, the barn could be an Antique business, mechanics workshop, auto detailing, Auto body work, woodworking shop, metal shop, recycled furniture shop. Raise some chickens, maybe have a goat or pony or two. It’s up to you… so many possibilities.

Taxes are $3,100 per year. I’ve also posted the utility statements for the past year. These are combined house and apartment – there are no separate meters.

Please email me with your email address, if you would like more pictures. I do not like to post many interior pictures on line for privacy reasons. But I have a PDF of lots and lots of pictures, of the interior of our home and of the apartment.

The house does need cosmetic updating. Especially flooring. My dad had taken it back to the brick walls, removed all the old lath and plaster and did new insulation and drywall, updated the electric and the plumbing, but the flooring is older. Laminate and carpet. You will want to do new flooring. Back in my dad's day, you didn't refinish wood floors, you covered them with subflooring and carpet/vinyl.

NOTE: the combined utility bills of the house, apartment and the barn, over the past year averaged out to:

Electricity: $157. /month
Natural Gas: $160. / month

Which is AWESOME for this size of home.

We are selling this home privately, but if you are an agent, and you bring a buyer, we will pay your commission.

We are open to reasonable offers.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-house-for-sale/ ... 1600962747