New Toronto Law - I'm Buying Detached Home, Tearing Them Down, Making 4 Plexes!

We welcome your opinions and debate. Join our huge landlord community where we help each other for success! For serious/complicated questions please post in our protected Professional & Expert Forums. For all legal questions contact a licensed legal rep. Forum is moderated.
Realist

Re: New Toronto Law - I'm Buying Detached Home, Tearing Them Down, Making 4 Plexes!

#21 Unread post by Realist » May 16th, 2023, 1:48 pm

SuperChicken wrote:
May 15th, 2023, 4:39 pm
AMAZING...
I just need a $1.x mil paid off home in Toronto and $1.x mill in capital to tear it down and build a 4-plex!
Then hope the tenants I get aren't bums who decide to not pay any rent for 1.5 years. What a deal!
The change was not made for you in mind.

It was made for huge companies like Blackrock and other huge developers who have very long term plans. And with ever increasing immigration renters are going to be forced to play nice or not find anywhere in the city to live and if there are still non payers they have massive economies of scale so it doesn't matter.

Toronto is going to become a huge rental city.

youngnewlandlord

Re: New Toronto Law - I'm Buying Detached Home, Tearing Them Down, Making 4 Plexes!

#22 Unread post by youngnewlandlord » May 29th, 2023, 10:36 pm

You must be logged in to read the additional posts in this topic