Tenants, See Things From Your Landlords Perspective Too…Things Make Sense!

Announcements and articles for tenants will be posted here along with helpful posts from the New Tenant Help Forum.
Laura

#1 Unread post by Laura » May 1st, 2022, 4:47 pm

I’m a Tenant member and have been posting on the Ontario Landlords Association Forum for many years.

After my husband passed away I sold our house and rented a pretty little place that is close to great shopping and bus routes so I can go to BINGO.

Great Landlady

My landlady was in her 60’s and I rented from her. Things were good and no problems at all. I paid rent on time and never got any huge increase or anything and any issues I had (like a leaky roof in the bedroom) were fixed fast.

Great Landlady…But People Said I Should Hate Her…

Still I did so much reading and thought “hey my landlady is making so much money from me, is this unfair?”

All the propaganda made me begin to feel I was wrong to pay rent on time!

New Landlord Takes Over

My landlady became ill and her son took over. He was, to be frank, a jerk! He didn’t fix things on time, was rude and even aggressive!” I wanted to move out and avoid him and he said I have to follow the lease even though I signed it with him Mum!

I didn’t know what to do and it was so frustrating. A few months later his Mum (the original landlord) contacted me and said she was feeling better and was back to be my landlord and contact person.

Good Landlords Should Appreciate Good Tennats, But We Should Appreciate Great Landlords

I learned not all landlords are created equal. There are good and bad.

If you have have great landlord my advice is to appreciate them. I spoke with my now healthy landlady and had no idea of the problems she had before with some tenants not paying rent and breaking leases. YIKES!

Good Tenants and Good Landlords

It’s really a jungle out there. So many bad tenants and also many bad landlords! If you have a good situation make sure you appreciate it and work together for mutual success.

Cheers!!!

Laura

https://ontariolandlords.org/blog/categ ... nant-tips/

BeautifulTenant

#2 Unread post by BeautifulTenant » May 2nd, 2022, 2:58 pm

I hope I can rent from a good landlord.

They are so hard to find. :x

She/He/Him/Her

#3 Unread post by She/He/Him/Her » May 2nd, 2022, 4:23 pm

I'm a bit worried your landlady is just going senile.

Renter666

#4 Unread post by Renter666 » May 3rd, 2022, 5:30 pm

I guess there are good ones around.

But they are special.