We Threatened To Give A Bad Review On “Good Neighbour” And My Slum-lord Backed Down On His Threat To My Family!

Announcements and articles for tenants will be posted here along with helpful posts from the New Tenant Help Forum.
Sneaky

We Threatened To Give A Bad Review On “Good Neighbour” And My Slum-lord Backed Down On His Threat To My Family!

#1 Unread post by Sneaky » May 12th, 2021, 10:20 pm

Tenants now have a great service to fight back against bad landlords and help good landlords

My Slum-lord Threatened To Report Us! We Threatened To Report Them To GOOD NEIGHBOUR & The Misunderstood landlord Backed Down!

GOOD NEIGHBOUR Protects Good Tenants And Good Landlords

Report, Report, Report!

My partner and I have been living in an apartment for the past year+ and we only rented here because it was available and we needed a place asap.

We were too innocent and thought that there were legal standards for landlords in Ontario. We thought that whatever place we rented would be safe and the landlord would be licensed like taxi drivers and hot dog stands and have professional standards.

Damn It Were We Ever Wrong!

We soon found out that there are no standards for landlords.

There is no landlord licensing meaning anyone can become a “small landlord” with no tests or making sure they understand the law! This means lots of fraudsters and those with CRIMINAL RECORDS can become a ‘small landlord!”

How Easy Is It To Become A Small Landlord?

-They can have criminal records, the government doesn’t care!

-They can have huge fines from the Landlord and Tenant Board and Small Claims Court and there are no consequences.

-They can use shifty services and think they are safe using them.

It gets even worse.

I found that many small landlords have lots of properties and many have almost no income except the rent they get!

This is especially true of real estate agents who have lots of properties but don’t even sell a house in a year!

They can have committed mortgage fraud just to buy the rental. They use a shady mortgage broker and fake income and get the mortgage and are suddenly a “landlord” due to fraud.

This is how they make their money!

Our Story

We trusted landlords to be honest and transparent and rented a property after a quick walk through.

We thought a face to face great chat and a handshake was enough to find a good landlords.

The Property Was Unsafe

As soon as we moved in we found what looked good during our quick “covid” walk through was just a sham! There was black mould in the shower, the stove has only 1 burner working and several light switches didn’t even work!

We Demanded Our Home Be Safe

We brought all this up with the landlord who told us “DEAL WITH IT, LIFE IS TOUGH!”

She said you signed the lease and now “F*CK OFF” and follow it!

Instead of Protecting Us Our Landlord Threatened Us

GOOD NEIGHBOUR Protects Tenants And Needs Our Support.

It also helps good landlords!

Let’s make sure this new service goes Canada-wide and become a KEY PLAYER for protecting tenants

REPORT YOUR LANDLORD TO GOOD NEIGHBOUR TODAY AND GAIN POWER!!!

https://ontariolandlords.org/blog/we-th ... my-family/

LindaH

Re: We Threatened To Give A Bad Review On “Good Neighbour” And My Slum-lord Backed Down On His Threat To My Family!

#2 Unread post by LindaH » May 12th, 2021, 10:30 pm

Bad reviews will make their property rentable to only the worst tenants.

Good Tenants Now Can Fight Back!

cassandra

Re: We Threatened To Give A Bad Review On “Good Neighbour” And My Slum-lord Backed Down On His Threat To My Family!

#3 Unread post by cassandra » May 13th, 2021, 3:31 pm

Some landlords are using really shady services. Now Tenants can fight back with transparent and honest service.