I Took Mercy On My Landlord And Saved Them From Bankruptcy - But With Conditions

Announcements and articles for tenants will be posted here along with helpful posts from the New Tenant Help Forum.
AngelTenant

I Took Mercy On My Landlord And Saved Them From Bankruptcy - But With Conditions

#1 Unread post by AngelTenant » May 2nd, 2020, 10:10 pm

Treat Tenants Like the VIPs!  You Need Our Rent Money More Than We Need You!

I'm Proud To Have Helped My LL Survive & Not Go Bankrupt & Be Homeless And Suicidal!

When our premier announced that tenants do not have to pay rent during this horrible crisis tenants face I immediately felt better.

It was nice to know the government understood what I was dreading and said there will be "NO EVICTIONS" until the crisis is over. With businesses closed and workers being laid off, how could we pay the rent for the next six months or more?

I saw on FB and on signs in my area that many Tenants in financial trouble were saying we didn't have to pay rent at all.  The reason is because we can't be evicted we didn't have to pay rent.

So If You Don't Pay Rent Nothing Happens?

This sounded almost too good to be true. I didn't have to pay any rent for the next few months or more...maybe up to year.

The premier also said tenants should only "pay what you can" and not make paying rent a priority.

So he basically was saying, make up your budget and put rent last. When evictions can happen you will only have to pay 10% extra or not at all if you tried to pay rent (and have it documented. Landlords will just need to eat those costs due to the pandemic.

I Have A Great Relationship With My Landlord

Since moving in a couple years ago I'm very happy here in my Home.

The landlords are nice people who gave me a very low rent to begin with. But I know it's only because I'm a working woman who is rarely at home with great credit and nice salary so they thought I was their perfect tenant.

Ideal Tenant (Working woman, not home much, great credit) Gets Discount

They gave me 20% of market rent right off the bat because they praised me as being the type of person landlords want to rent to. Of course landlords are sexist and love renting to women and I love how this stereotype helps me.

This made me very happy to hear and they gave me the discount on what they were advertising because I said I was going to be renting for at least a few years while I built up my savings.

I Could Pay No Rent, But I Worked Out A Rebate Plan 

Since I have such a good relationship with my landlords (they love me, I'm never home and never late paying) I learned a lot.

Most landlords are not independently wealthy and cannot afford to pay the mortgage out of their own pocket. They need rent every month just to survive. I understood that and they explained how tough their current situation was. So decided to help them survive. 

I Paid Rent...But 40%  That Was Fair To Both Sides

I made my own budget and made sure my most important expenses were on top of the list and the rent was at the bottom (but still there, as it's only fair to my landlord).

I calculated my decreased salary due to less hours minus my main expenses for survival during this crisis. Most important expenses over rent:

-Stocking up on canned food and wine

-Buying food for fresh daily eating

-Costs of ordering Take-Out and the extra costs for UberEats, etc.

-Costs of feeding my cat and ordering her food.

-Ordering clothes I will need if I'm stuck in my Home for a long time. Fresh panties are always refreshing. A girl in a cage needs comfy too!

-Order creams to keep me looking youthful at L'occitane

-Saving for masks and potential medicines.

-Entertainment such as renewing my Netflix, CBS, and Amazon Prime accounts.

I Paid Rent...And Helped My Landlord Stay In Business

After all my budget expenses I ended up paying my landlord 40% of the usual amount.

My landlord was happy to get the rent without any issues and with no haggling.

This was not a 'deferral' it was what I would pay, period. For April and for future months up to the end of my lease.

They appreciated me even paying and I'm happy I did the right thing to help them would I could have paid $1 if I was the evil, nasty type of bitch.

Work With Your Landlord Like I Did

I could have just said I didn't have the money but I know my landlord who are a nice couple so I decided to work with them like the Premier said.

40% Paid And I Saved My Landlord's Life. They Can Cover Costs and I Save 60%/

I paid 40% of the rent for April and May and will pay that same amount as long as the pandemic continues.

If you have a good small landlord consider paying them at least a little bit because they are in need of rent for their families.

I also told my landlord to always remember I didn't have to pay, but I did pay 40%. I told them how about a little gift for me, like some Lancombe make up or some expensive champagne?  KEEP ME HAPPY OR ELSE!

Let's work together and at least pay your landlord a little bit to keep them also surviving...but don't pay them the full amount because you need to spend your money on your needs first! This is a Win-Win Relationship.

Laura

Re: I'm Took Mercy On My Landlord And Saved Them From Bankruptcy - But With Conditions

#2 Unread post by Laura » May 2nd, 2020, 10:48 pm

Angel I'm happy you and your landlord worked out a win-win agreement. You rule.

Cambridgerenter

Re: I'm Took Mercy On My Landlord And Saved Them From Bankruptcy - But With Conditions

#3 Unread post by Cambridgerenter » May 3rd, 2020, 12:13 am

:lol:

I didn't pay...so ll's can't buy so many drugs like they always use rent for here.