Join The Huge and Powerful Tenant Rally At The Ministry of Housing March 12th! – Tenants Dare Speak Truth To Power!

Announcements and articles for tenants will be posted here along with helpful posts from the New Tenant Help Forum.
FighterLady

Join The Huge and Powerful Tenant Rally At The Ministry of Housing March 12th! – Tenants Dare Speak Truth To Power!

#1 Unread post by FighterLady » March 8th, 2020, 11:00 pm

March 12 is the Date For Change!

I am not a member of this group but I sure do admire them. These are hard working class people who are willing to sacrifice their time and money to fight for social justice. Because I admire them so much I want to make sure all Tenants come and fight against rules that harm good working Tenants and support parasitic landlords who prey on us.

Join ACORN members and allies from across Ontario to demand real solutions to the housing crisis.

Rents are rising out of control – we need rent control on ALL buildings and protections on the rent between tenancies, so landlords can’t evict tenants then jack up the rent.

WHEN: Thursday, March 12, 2020 at 1 PM – 3 PM

WHERE: Ministry of Housing (777 Bay Street) in Toronto

ACORN members from Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa, and Peel will be coming together to demand action. RSVP by contacting your local ACORN office.

East York “Represents” and Ready For War

We Are Preparing All Over Ontario!

Etobicoke Ready To Fight For Tenant Rights

What Are The Demands?

-No more rent increases for existing tenants. Ever!

-No rent increase between tenants moving. End the tenant holocaust of huge rent increases when tenants move out!

-Landlords must be licensed!

-We need criminal and credit checks on landlords to be mandatory!

-Landlords must have at least an accredited bachelor degree. We need a minimum educational background (Bachelors Degree) to become a landlord!

-Landlords must pass a criminal record check. Are you a crook, no landlord license for you jail bird!

-Landlords must provide a credit and criminal check and proof of ownership to all tenant applicants who request it.

-Working with the Human Rights Commission all ‘refused applications” will require a Hearing if the declined Tenant applicant demands it.

-All landlords must put $5000.00 into a government fund so any tenant judgments will be paid from this fund immediately upon a judgement!

Tenants Are No Longer Weak And Disorganized

We Are ready to fight for our Human Rights

We Were Weak But Now We Are Strong!

Fix Toronto Community Housing NOW!

No help for my Autistic Kid, No Help With Housing, I will Fight!

We Need A New Ministry of Tenant Security NOW!

This needs to be a new branch of government. It will be called the Ministry of Tenant Security.

This new branch of the provincial government will oversee all issues brought forth by Tenants.

Landlords cheating Tenants and Tenant Vs. Landlord Tribunals

This will include Tenant only tribunals to sue landlords for things such as poor maintenance, illegal entrance, rude and insulting behavior, proud behavior, looking down on Tenants.

It will also create a new police force that will help Tenants protect our rights and jail bad landlords who break the rule such as entering our homes without proper notice (one year in jail for a first time offense).

Join The Tenant Rally For Winning!

The usual landlord groups do nothing but kiss the asses of the landlords. Acorn and their allies like us are holding people accountable and we will do it!

The System Is Broken - Time for RADICAL ACTION TO MAKE POSITIVE CHANGES TO HELP TENANTS SURVIVE!

COME MARCH 12TH  TO THE MINISTRY AND DEMAND JUSTICE!

Victim

Re: Join The Huge and Powerful Tenant Rally At The Ministry of Housing March 12th! – Tenants Dare Speak Truth To Power!

#2 Unread post by Victim » March 9th, 2020, 12:10 am

This so empowering and amazing and helps us all fight for truth.

Antichrist2020

Re: Join The Huge and Powerful Tenant Rally At The Ministry of Housing March 12th! – Tenants Dare Speak Truth To Power!

#3 Unread post by Antichrist2020 » March 9th, 2020, 12:25 am

I truly admire and agree with this group ACORN. They are unafraid of speaking "truth to power" and those who are brave are those who make changes in society.

Since Ford got power in Ontario the landlords have been given everything they ever wanted, including NO RENT CONTROL. This is horrible and needs to change.

It is time to speak truth to power!

I will attend to fight the christian landlords and their power base. :twisted:

FighterLady

#4 Unread post by FighterLady » March 9th, 2020, 9:32 pm

We need to come in large numbers if we want REAL CONTROL. ACORN members across Ontario will be there at 777 Bay Street at 1 PM on March 12th (this Thursday). Join us to demand real housing solutions.