OLA & Toronto Sun: "Ontario rent hike lowest in 35 years"

woof

Re: OLA & Toronto Sun: "Ontario rent hike lowest in 35 years

#5 Unread post by woof » January 3rd, 2011, 2:37 pm

I was going to add my comments but Skitter's post above sums it all up!

mikeedwards

#6 Unread post by mikeedwards » January 3rd, 2011, 4:00 pm

Antonello Artuso is a seasoned journalist and should realize that the FMTA is trying to get a lot of good media now just as Toronto is reviewing its budgets to use to scare Toronto city councillors into keeping the Metro Tenants' $440,000 a year in city funding.

I talked to a number of councillors and the ones I talked to see the FMTA as an NDP front group always in the media with NDP MPP Cheri Di Novo and sure to be in the media trying to influence the provincial election.

None liked how Tenant activist publicly endorsed losing candidate Chris Sellors against Liberal Josh Matlow. They said government funded groups should not be partisan.

What stood out most was that they were all critical of the FMTA's tenant survey that gave Rob Ford a rating of "D" that they saw as a clearly political document meant to affect the city election of the same city that provides some 94% of the FMTA's funding.

If the FMTA loses some or all of their funding they are sure to blame everybody but themselves but from what I can tell their election housing survey and Former FMTA director's endorsement of Sellors would clearly be the cause of their own self inflicted wounds.

I expect Artuso and others to do more stories created by the NDP and the FMTA until the Toronto city budget is decided on and then again close to the October provincial election.

If the NDP lose Paul Miller's Stoney Creek or any other seats due to possible retirements the NDP will lose party status in the Ontario Legislature which will cost them millions in government funding such as for research staff, they will lose most of their speaking time in the legislature and will very be seriously crippled for the next 4 years.

LLC

#7 Unread post by LLC » January 3rd, 2011, 4:09 pm

I was shocked when I received this during the campaign.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/39428012/FMTA ... view-Final
24/7

Ken S

#8 Unread post by Ken S » January 3rd, 2011, 4:32 pm

think all the councilors have seen it?