- Posts: 134
- Joined: February 13th, 2014, 11:33 pm
After A Painfully Long Wait The Landlord & Tenant Board Is Open
Many small landlords have felt incredibly frustrated and rightfully angry as the Landlord and Tenant Board was closed for most cases such as non-payment of rent.
Most of us have full time or part time jobs that help us survive. Like others, we too suffered job losses, no school for our children, lock-downs and were worried about our loved ones being safe.
We also had our rental properties to deal with.
Ontario Landlord and Tenant Board Is Open
Here are the rules for the opening.
As of August 1st, 2020 the Landlord and Tenant Board Will:
(1) Begin to issue eviction orders that are already pending
(2) The LTB will begin to issue consent eviction orders that are based on tenants and landlords deciding to settle issues with an agreement.
(3) LTB will remain hearing ‘urgent’ matters that are related to health and safety issues that have already been scheduled.
(4) Begin to schedule hearings for non-urgent evictions.
(5) Start non-urgent hearings starting in the middle of August and into autumn.
As the LTB gradually re-opens it says it will make their services stronger:
(1) They will begin holding hearings by phone, video software and in writing
(2) The LTB is encouraging tenants and landlords to try to reach a settlement before applying for a hearing
(3) Using what are called “Case Management Hearings” for applications that don’t include rent owed
(4) Hiring and training more adjudicators
We will be watching what happens and encourage our members to share your feedback with us that we will share with the LTB and the Ministry.
https://ontariolandlords.org/blog/ontar ... d-is-open/
Who is online
In total there are 297 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 297 guests (based on users active over the past 999 minutes)
Most users ever online was 4918 on March 17th, 2020, 2:08 am
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 297 guests