Best Excuses For Delaying Paying Rent To Trick Your Landlord (If you want to stay)
I was encouraged to write about my experience in getting my landlord to agree to my delaying to pay rent.
You see my friends are all going to travel in March and my visa card is already overloaded to the max. I asked here if there was any way to use the money I stored away for rent to paid a little later. I wanted to use that money for my vacation. I'm young and want to have fun.
Never really expected to get any advice and doubted this would work, but hey, what the hell, this forum was recommended to my by tenant legal aid (and highly recommended!!!) so decided to join and post.
THANKS TO ALL THE EXPERT TENANTS HERE I LEARNED I DO NOT HAVE TO PAY RENT ON THE 1ST AND IT WILL BE A LONG PROCESS OF 6-8 MONTHS TO EVICT ME. ONE LATE PAYMENT WILL NOT LEAD TO EVICTION! EVEN 3 OR 4 LATE PAYMENTS WON'T
Thing is readers, I'm a kind and honest person and non-confrontational. So I asked what is the best advice to delay paying rent.
The replies were so helpful!
The experienced and expert tenants told me landlords never really want to evict someone who has been 'good' before.
1. Landlords worry the next tenant might be a psychopath
2. Landlords worry the next tenant won't pay at all
3. Landlords want you to stay and if you have a history of paying on time and not causing trouble they want you to stay, but will "bluff you".
4. Landlords can't handle too much stress or anxiety
5. Landlord often fall asleep dreaming "please tenant pay the rent" and hate the N4 Eviction notice
So How Do You Make The Most Effective Excuse?
The Best Excuses To Your Landlord If You Delay Rent But Want To Stay (and avoid the N4)
Everyone here taught me "give your landlord a hope you stay and pay".
So tell your landlord:
1. The company has an account issue and my pay is delayed, there is nothing I can do
2. I changed bank accounts and my salary payment has been delayed because they sent it to the wrong account account.
3. I'm getting a raise due to my performance and there is a delay in getting my salary because of my big increase.
Give your landlord "hope"!
I used Number #1 and no problems and will pay rent later.
The tenant "tags" told me the landlord can just use the "last months rent" I paid to cover their mortgage or whatever, so no need to feel guilty at all!
So don't worry, you won't be evicted, your landlord already has your extra payment and have fun!